Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Hodes Breaks In-State Fundraising Record

Back when the second-quarter fundraising totals were announced, I and others noted that Paul Hodes had raised more money from people in New Hampshire than any other candidate in NH-02, Charlie Bass included, had ever done.

Well, he's gone one better. Tonight at a meet the candidates event held by the Rumney Democrats, Hodes announced that he has now broken the all-time record for in-state fundraising for any Congressional candidate in any party for an entire cycle.

And there's time yet before the election for that record to be not just broken but ground to dust. (If you're out of state, don't think you don't count - do feel free to contribute.) Reminder number 50,268: Tomorrow is the pre-primary filing deadline. It's a good time to contribute, so that he can turn in strong numbers. Not that that sounds like it's going to be a problem.

4 Comments:

Blogger DavidNYC said...

I should also add that Hodes blew past the 100-new-contributors goal we set for the netroots push.

Like they say in Jaws, we're gonna need a bigger boat.

9:34 PM  
Blogger Keener said...

This is great news, and thanks for covering it. I know it's a hike for you.

I really think we should be doing more of this stuff, reporting on the stuff the UL conveniently doesn't bother to put press on. Too busy sending people to 40 person BBQs.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Keener said...

I mean the UL is too busy doing that to GOP BBQs, obviously.

I swear, it must be pretty depressing for Charlie that the average Drinking Liberally event can gather more people than his campaign can scrounge up.

4:33 PM  
Blogger MissLaura said...

When I get a minute I'm going to try to write a little more about this event, because I took copious notes and I hate to have that writers cramp go to waste. But it's worth noting right now that it drew more than 40 people, and it was a tuesday night!

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home