Thursday, October 12, 2006

Paul Hodes in Action

On Tuesday night I went to "All for Paul," an evening of performances at the New London Inn. For me, the highlight was hearing Peggo Hodes sing Gershwin's "The Man I Love" with newly-written, race-specific lyrics. I hadn't gotten to hear her sing before and she has a lovely voice. As well, I can guarantee you that if there is not already some sort of award for "most adorable couple in Congress," there will be soon after Paul's election, because they verge on ridiculous, so adorable are they.

I also got to hear Paul speak for the first time in a month or so, and while I've always been impressed with the content of his positions, I was really blown away by how comfortable he has become, the degree to which he is loose and free-flowing and thoughtful while remaining organized and well-paced. He is so warm and personable, and that now comes through fully as he speaks.

The video quality isn't fabulous, but you can see something of those traits on this video of him speaking recently in Milford, New Hampshire.

2 Comments:

Blogger -epm said...

I've never heard Paul speak... except in his commercials. What strikes me most is his passion, not for his party, but for his country and it's Constitution. What a contradiction from Charlie and his smarmy, bigoted and spineless crap.

If Paul can just be himself and convey this passion he has for strong and fearless American democracy and decency during the debate, he'll go a long in getting undecided voters on board.

1:21 PM  
Blogger MissLaura said...

-epm,
I really agree. Paul's passion comes across as completely honest and heartfelt, rather than a performance. Obviously what he chooses to focus on at any given moment will be partially a political decision, but he will never pander.

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home